For serious job offers, I will submit my full professional resume for your consideration along with references. The following is a high level summary of my professional experience. Names of organizations withheld for privacy reasons. For the intent of this blog, I prefer to keep things anonymous – but have no fear. I am a real person.
I am seeking opportunities in marketing, freelance writing, or to work as a virtual assistant. Ideally, I would be interested in long-term employment or contracts.
Objective: to find employment as freelancer, blogger, writer or virtual assistant or consultant – the option to work remotely is important.
- Current location: Alberta, Canada
- Languages: English, basic French, very little Danish
- Requested salary: highest paid salary was $65,000
Highlights of Skills
- Nearly 40 years of experience in music including stage performance, competition, church organ music and organizing concerts
- Nearly 15 years of experience working in the public sector in various administrative roles including supporting an ADM’s office.
- Research and data collection for interim and annual reports – Addiction and Mental Health, Mental Health Capacity Building Projects in Schools project
- Senior support in Negotiations Unit in Alberta Health, Secretariat support to the Tri-lateral Master Agreement Negotiation committee that oversaw provincial health care
- Over twenty years of experience in Office Administration
- Exceptional writing skills with blogging experience, social media marketing and writing ad campaigns for my music.
Professional Development – completed
- Welcoming change into your life
- Effective business writing
- Effective communication in the work place
- Writing basics
- Critical thinking
- Coping with difficult people
- Stress management in the workplace
- Omanitew Protocols training 2018
- Indigenous Introductory training 2018
- Basics of smudging, sharing circles and ceremonial practices 2017
- Working with Elders, sage picking 2016
- Advanced grammar – NAIT – 2019
- Introduction to Journalism – Coursera – 2018 (audited)
- Introduction to Marketing – Coursera – 2013
- Introduction to Accounts Payable – Coursera – 2014
- Word Processing and Office Administration – Academy of Learning – 1997
- High School Diploma – Edmonton – 1995
- WordPress personal plan for website design, maintenance and blog writing
- Experience using WordPress, Wix, Bandzoogle, Reverbnation, Blogger
- Basic graphic design using programs like Corel Painter Essentials and Canva
- Proficient use with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio, and Adobe pdf files
- Hobby photographer and photo editor
- Music production including composing, editing, formatting of audio files (Cubase PRO 7.0, Audacity, Goldwave)
- Full music set up with a digital piano, Blue Snowball microphone, Nikon P900 camera, and a wealth of vst instruments
2015-2020 – Admin Assistant – role in public sector with heavy focus on Indigenous community engagement (salary: less than I was worth) – took a pay cut for a permanent position
2010-2014 – Senior Secretary – AHS – senior level experience in Addictions and Mental Health – compiling data from 250 project staff for interim and annual reports to Alberta Health (salary: $64,500).
2008 – 2010 – Senior Admin – Alberta Health: supported the Negotiations unit and ADM’s office – managed communication for the entire department, helped with support of administrative team, supported the Tri-lateral Negotiation committee (Secretariat support) (salary: $51,000).
2005-2007 – Admin Support – NorQuest College: Student Employment Office – assisted students with career planning, resume creation and job search. Also helped plan college wide events including job fairs and fundraisers – 2006 raised over $2 million for the college. I was laid off due to cut backs. (salary: $47,100).
References available upon request. I have managed several websites and blogs over the years but requested the websites to be deleted for financial reasons.