During the Christmas break of 2021, I decided to rejoin Goodreads after accidentally deleting my account (twice!). I was scouring the site for books I had read in the 90’s as a teen and discovered that other readers were taking part in a Goodreads Retro Challenge. I thought it would be fun to revisit some of the paperback books I had read as a teen and a kid in the 80’s.
My goal is to read at least 12 books this year. In addition to rereading books from my youth, I’ll be asking my own readers and online friends for a list of books that they have read. As finances and time allows for it, I’ll make a list of these books and read as many as I can. I think 12 books for a year is a reasonable goal – and as of January 10th, I’m already ahead of the game.
Check out my challenge so far! I’ve also listed some books that I plan on revisiting. I am having troubles finding them online – so if you have a copy you can spare, please get in touch.
Goodreads Challenge 2022: 12 books for the year!
- The Widow’s Watcher – Eliza Maxwell (February 2022)
Goodreads Retro Challenge – the road so far
- Forever, Judy Blume – read
- Friends for Life, Ellen Emmerson White – read
- Life Without Friends, Ellen Emmerson White – read
- The Forbidden Game Series, LJ Smith (next on the list)
- The President’s Daughter Series, Ellen Emmerson White – to read
Goodreads Recommendations 2020-2021
- My Christmas reading list – 2020
- February Good Reads – 2021
- August Good Reads – 2021
- September Good Reads – 2021
- October Good Reads – 2021
- Podcast Recommendations – 2021