From the title alone, you might think – what in the world has she done to herself? But you know what? I’m eating this right now as I write out this post and with the right blend of spices and yes, ketchup – the golden condiment – this turned out delicious.
It’s almost time for my weekly grocery run so I thought I would use up what I have left in my fridge. What did I have you might ask?
About one cup of ham, a dozen eggs, and yes, the premade Fajita mix I bought from my local deli. And you know what? I’m invested in it. I’m going to be buying more pre-made mixes because it just cuts down time spent chopping and washing vegetables. I’m that lazy.
I added in some eggs to for a boost of protein. This meal is very healthy for those trying to lose weight or just eat healthier all around.
- 1-2 cups of cooked ham (1″ thick cubes”)
- 2 to 3 medium eggs
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 purple or red onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Spices: salt, black pepper, oregano, basil
- Cut all the vegetables into smaller 1″ sized pieces. Heat up a skillet using medium heat on your stove top. Add in the olive oil. Add in the onions and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the ham – careful not to burn yourself with the oil. It will splash. Cook for a minute or two.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables and mix with a wooden spoon. You can add some more seasoning or sauce here – I added salt, pepper, basil, oregano and it was delicious.
- Cook for a few minutes or until vegetables are tender. I personally like mine a little crunchy. I added in the eggs as is (no beating or anything) and cooked until the eggs were done. Make sure to stir often or the eggs can burn to the pan.
This made a lot – a whole plate full. I’m stuffed and not even half finished. Total cooking time took about 5-10 minutes. I kept busy cleaning the kitchen while it cooked making sure to stir often.
PRO TIP 2: To add more spices to this mix, you can use chili or red pepper flakes. Or you can add some tomato sauce and use this as a taco filling.