So, I finally cooked. But it was really lazy. How lazy was it? So lazy, that I used chicken tenders from Loblaws and a pre-washed and pre-cut Fajita mix. Yes. I’m cheating a little. But this meal was delicious, healthy and took minutes to prepare.
I even managed to clean the kitchen while it was cooking. Bonus!
PRO TIP: wash dishes in between preparing ingredients for your meal. Empty the dishwasher, or load it up while waiting for your dinner to cook. This will cut your cleaning time in half!
- 2 cups of pre-cooked chicken
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 purple or red onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Spices: salt, black pepper
Preparation (fixed – lol)
- Cut all the vegetables into smaller 1″ sized pieces. Heat up a skillet using medium heat on your stove top. Add in the olive oil. Add in the onions and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables and mix with a wooden spoon. You can add some more seasoning or sauce here – I just added a few drops of lemon juice and it really brought out the flavour of the vegetables.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables have reached desired tenderness. I like mine a little crunchy.
You can eat this on its own or serve with a bed of rice or fries. I only used half of my Fajita mix and I’ll have lots leftover for tomorrow’s dinner.
PRO TIP 2: To add more spices to this mix, you can use chili or red pepper flakes. Or you can add some tomato sauce and use this as a taco filling.