In addition to the Easy Oatmeal Bread I made on Saturday night, I decided to whip up a second batch of bread. Sometimes it’s just that much easier to bake two loaves at the same time when you have all the ingredients out already.
I was going to make two batches of oatmeal bread but decided to skip the oats for this one and use yogurt instead. Prep time took only about ten minutes and most of the ingredients – you probably already have in your pantry. I used the Banana Greek Yogurt as that’s what I had on hand – you can use any kind of yogurt.
Preparation is almost exactly the same as my other loaves – with the exception of a few ingredients.
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup of softened or melted butter
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup of Greek Yogurt (any flavour)
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Optional: lemon zest will turn this into a delicious lemon cake
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a loaf pan
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients and sugar
- Combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients into one bowl and use a handmixer or a wooden spoon to mix the batter – careful not to overmix
- Cook for about 35 to 40 minutes – use the toothpick method to ensure the middle is fully cooked.
Double the ingredients to prepare two batches of bread. Let the bread cool down and serve with a dash of butter or cream cheese. This was the first time I made this loaf. It took about 35 minutes to bake fully and it was delicious. I think I ate so much bread tonight that my stomach hurts from it.
This bread is great on its own or you can use it to dip into a hot bowl of soup.
And yes — I balked on the name of this one. Lemon yogurt just didn’t sound right! But this recipe really is easy anyone can make it.
Have you tried this recipe? If so, take a picture and tag @mostlysingle to let me know how it went!