I wasn’t sure what to call this one. It could be a salad if you put it in the fridge. But I cooked it up on the stove top and it was fast and delicious. I had used up half the can of lentils with my chili on the weekend – so I needed to use the leftovers.
As usual, if you pre-wash and pre-cut the vegetables when you come home from the store – this cuts your prep time in half and makes for easy cooking. Now you know all my secrets to great recipes!
You can tell that I use a lot of the same ingredients for my recipes. As a single person, these veggies last me up to 10-14 days.
- 1 cup of canned lentils with tomato sauce
- 1.5 cups of cooked deli chicken
- 1.5 cups of mushrooms
- 1.5 cups of grape tomatoes
- 1 cup of green or yellow onions
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Spices: salt, black pepper, chives, parsley
- Heat up the olive oil on medium heat in a skillet
- Add in the onions, salt and pepper, garlic optional
- Simmer until onions soften
- Add in the rest of the ingredients
- Add in spices as desired (about 1 tsp of each or a “pinch”)
- Cook on medium high heat for about 15 minutes – or until vegetables are done
You could sprinkle some more olive oil on top and mix it well in a bowl before serving. Pair it with tortilla chips or a piece of bread and it makes for a nice lunch. Or chill it in the fridge over night and eat it as a salad the next day!
Pictures below – head on over to my instagram page for more recipes! I just reopened it up for the public. This is my personal page.
More healthy recipes
- Baked beans and kale (skillet)
- Butternut squash and ham casserole (skillet)
- Butternut spaghetti squash (skillet)
- Chicken and vegetable casserole (skillet)
- Chicken and vegetables (roasted) (oven)
- Chicken and broccoli casserole (oven)
- Chicken and kale (skillet)
- Chicken and pasta – rice cooker edition (rice cooker)
- Pork and vegetables (oven)
- Taco Surprise – best taco filling (skillet)