I was going through my lazy-susan, trying to decide what to make the other night when I came across a lone can of lima beans. I thought to myself, what can I make with this? And then the idea hit me.
I started gathering the already pre-washed and pre-cut ingredients from my fridge and put together this delicious and low-carb meal. Only a few simple ingredients needed for this one.
- 1/2 can of Lima beans
- 1.5 cups of cooked deli chicken
- 1.5 cups of spinach
- 1.5 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1.5 cups of sliced zucchini
- 1 cup of diced green onions
- 1 tbsp of olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp of soy sauce
- Spices: salt, black pepper, thyme, fresh garlic (or garlic plus)
- Optional: 1/2 cup of walnuts or cashews for added protein
- Add a few drops of the olive oil into a large skillet. Turn on medium-high heat for about a minute to heat up the pan.
- Add in the onions and mushrooms, salt, pepper and garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes or until onions and mushrooms turn brown.
- Add in the lima beans and cook for an additional minute or two.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables and chicken.
- Add in your choice of spices and the lemon juice.
- For additional protein, add in some cashews or walnuts.
- Cover the skillet with a lid.
- Cook until vegetables are tender – using pre-cooked chicken will make this process go a lot faster. I let this dish cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Remove lid – add in the soy sauce and blend well.
Serve on its own or with a scoop of sticky rice. The best thing about stir-fry recipes is how versatile they are. You can pair up these ingredients with fish, chicken, or even ginger beef.
Delicious and healthy!
More healthy recipes!
- Baked pork chops and vegetables
- Chicken and vegetable casserole
- Chicken and broccoli casserole
- Five days of kale
- Bean and kale chili
- Cooked kale & chicken
Never miss a post! Follow mostlysingle.com for more healthy recipes, cooking tips and general information on health and fitness.