It’s that time of year again – time for summer recipes! I love discovering new foods and trying new things this time of year. I do hope to pick up a small grill that I can use on my balcony this year. I really want to experiment with grilling steaks and fish again. There’s nothing like a perfectly grilled slab of salmon or rib eye to get your mouth watering.
Since I don’t have a grill yet, tonight, I opted for roasting vegetables in the oven. I also cheated and used the deli chicken I picked up yesterday from Superstore. But chicken is one of the easiest recipes. Just defrost. Add some olive oil. Add your favorite herbs and spices and cook in the oven on 350 for about 45 minutes. It’s that easy.
For this recipe, I used a mix of frozen and fresh veggies. But really, fresh is always the best.
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 2 cups of sliced zucchini
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups of Brussel sprouts
- 1 cup of green onions
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, basil leaves, garlic
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees – cooking time may vary depending on ovens.
- In a large bowl, add in all the vegetables. Make sure when prepping the vegetables, that all the slices are approximately the same size. I usually just slice mushrooms in half.
- Add in some olive oil – I never measure this. Add in your favorite blend of spices. For this recipe, I used salt, black pepper, basil, thyme, oregano and garlic salt. You can use fresh garlic here.
- Drizzle a flat baking sheet with olive oil or butter to grease the pan.
- Lay the vegetables flat on the baking sheet – make sure they aren’t covering each other. You want the vegetables to cook evenly.
- Top off with some spices and herbs.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes.
Serve with a side of chicken or fish. And voila. Healthy and easy to make in less than 30 minutes!
It was as delicious as it sounds!
Make sure to follow my blog for more easy recipes just in time for summer!
More healthy recipes!
- Five days of kale
- Bean and kale chili
- Cooked kale & chicken
- Chicken and leafy greens
- Kale and pork dumplings
Help keep mostly single ad free! Just $5 or $10 can help cover costs of renewals. Follow for more healthy recipes and weight loss tips!