I’ve been eating so much chicken and kale lately, that I needed to change things up. I switched to spinach, zucchini and decided to order a pack of sliced butternut squash from my deli.
The problem with packages like these, is they don’t last long. So, I looked through my fridge to see what I could come up with. And here’s tonight’s recipe for you.
- 1 package of sliced or diced butternut squash (3 cups)
- 2 cups of cooked ham – diced
- 2 cups of grape tomatoes – halved
- 1 cup of green or white onions
- 2 cups of zucchini – diced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Spices: salt, pepper, basil, garlic plus
- Optional: 1 cup of tomato paste
- Heat up a skillet on high heat
- Add in 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Add in the onions
- Heat for a couple of minutes
- Add in the rest of the ingredients
- Add in spices and mix well
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium-high for about 10 minutes or until squash is soft.
Add in a cup of tomato paste to add extra flavour. I’m doing this with my leftovers. Serves about 2 people – or 1 person with left overs for the next day.
Soups and Stews
- Barley and vegetable soup
- Beef with rum stew
- Slow-cooked beef stew
- Creamy tomato and vegetable soup (a winner)