So… I’ve been watching a lot of youtube videos on youtubers and musicians making goals. They said to get to where they are now, they had to visualize what they wanted and make small goals to get there.
Sounds easy, right?
I thought I’d give this a shot. I’ve been working on my youtube channel and just in two day, I went from 20 subs to 25 subs. That’s crazy. The channel sat at 20 subs for nearly a whole year. My bad though. I didn’t do much promotion and kept changing the name of the channel. But now it’s on a branded account and I don’t want to change it again.
Problem is – you need 100 subs before you can customize your name. Monetization is another thing. That requires 1000 subs and 4000 hours of watch time. I’m at 33 hours – a long way to go.
I’ve been reading up on how to make content more interesting. I finally figured out how to do an audiograph too which is pretty wild. Some tips I learned during my research.
- Make interesting thumbnails as this will get the viewer’s attention. I’ve been using Canva for this and got about a dozen created today.
- Make description titles on all videos – so instead of using just song names, I’m adding a few words to describe the overall “vibe”.
- Use end screens and playlists to send viewers to your other videos – check.
- Be consistent on your videos and marketing – check.
- Submit your music to playlists for Spotify – check.
I think I’m on the right track for this. As the channel grows I can add things like art videos. But mainly, focusing on music. Yeah, fitness is still a thing but honestly – it’s difficult to stay inspired about it. Especially in winter months. Come spring though — once the snow has melted I hope to get outdoors again. I think maybe I’m feeling cabin fever.
And a little restless too. I’m getting bored of being at home and tired of stressing about money. Music for now is just a hobby. But if I could earn some money back from streaming – even just a few hundred bucks, that’s the ultimate goal here.
As for goal setting? Here’s where I want my channel to be in three months time.
- 100 subscribers – so I can customize channel name
- 100 watch time hours
- Start working on that Celtic album and meditation videos I’ve been promising
- Engage more with other youtubers and show love in return
I’ve been doing a lot of #4 lately. I’m bored of television and movies. Youtube at least can be somewhat educational. I also need to think about what kind of courses I’d like to take in the future for my professional career.
So, that’s where we are this chilly Tuesday. Tomorrow is a busy day with appointments and errands. My fridge isn’t going to stock itself up.
What are your goals for the rest of the month?’
Here’s my new audiograph video, I love it.