My plans for getting up early this morning were foiled. I was in bed by 1:00 am last night but just could not sleep again. I finally fell asleep around 3:00 am and entered la la land. My dreams were so far out there too and I dreamed of friends I haven’t seen since my twenties. The mind is a strange place sometimes.
Finally crawled out of bed and nearly cried when I stepped on the scale. But have no fear. I think it was just the flatbread pizza I ate while watching the Oscars. Back to low carbs this week and fasting. I stopped eating at 7:30 pm and just scarfed down a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee. I find coffee to be quite filling in the morning. I never was much of a breakfast person.
Thoughts are filling my head of what to do for the future. I do have options. My EI should be coming in soon – like in two weeks time. It’s pretty easy to get approved and much needed to pay the basics of living. But time is running out and I really need to think about options.
The number one option my doctor wanted me to reconsider is going back to school. I’m looking into courses that can be completed in under a year. My issue is not commitment or dedication to learning. It’s sticking with something before I get bored of it all together.
I’ve love to be an independent consultant – but on what? Music is so hard to make a living off of. Even music blogs struggle. Streaming sites have made it nearly impossible to make a decent living off releases – unless you’re someone like Pink or Justin Timberlake who gets millions or billions of views per songs. Even YouTube is hard to break into now. Everyone is trying to be the next best thing since – well, Markiplier who just hit the 25 million sub mark. Crazy. He made almost $20 million last year alone.
So, what to do? Here are some things I’m considering.
- Health coach for people losing weight – but I’d need to lose more weight first myself. I have the years of research and practice. One program in Alberta is FOUR years for a masters in food nutrition. That is insane.
- Spiritual counselor – but would anyone even pay for these services? Again, I’d need more training.
- Blogger – yeah, I mean this is the dream right? Get paid to just blog and write all day? But at this point in time, it’s not realistic. I need money coming in. This blog isn’t generating nearly enough traffic yet to make that kind of money.
- Life coach – but again, would people pay for these services?
- Employment counselling – I would excel at this – but in this market? We’ve hit our highest unemployment rates – that I’ve ever seen in this province.
I really wish I had made the change two years ago when I was looking for work. But I doubted myself and got too comfortable in my current position to do much of anything about it. Now I’m regretting my decision.
If you could do life-do over at 42, what would you choose to go into?
If I had been smart about it, I’d have gone into Business Administration and got my bachelors when I was younger. Don’t be stupid like me. Education is really important.
Unless that sugar daddy is out there waiting to meet me. Or Leo DiCaprio finally invites me to that yacht party I’ve dreamed about for years.
I missed my calling on so many things I could have been. It’s scary to think about the things I could be.