I was craving asparagus soup the other night and so I came up with this recipe on a whim. I did use a pack of Korr’s asparagus soup for the base. But making your own creamy soup base is easy too. Just use some water, flour and stock.
- 1 package of Korr’s creamy asparagus soup
- 3 cups of cold water
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 package of frozen asparagus spears
- 1 cup of diced green onions
- 1 cup of kale
- Pour 3 cups of cold water and 1 cup of milk into a large pot. Cook on medium-high heat.
- Add in soup mix and whisk until the soup comes to a boil. Stir constantly or the soup will burn to the bottom of the pot.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables, lower the heat and let cook an additional 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Make sure to stir on a regular basis so it doesn’t burn.
- You can add seasoning as desired but this was so good on its own.
See what I mean? This meal is healthy, easy to make and very filling. This was before my bread challenge, so I paired it with two scones.