Last night I made the best taco meat mix that I’ve ever made before. It was so delicious that I went back for a second helping. There are some left overs that I’m holding out to eat today. I’m definitely making this recipe again, and 100% recommend you try it to spice up your tacos – literally. The recipe would work well on its own. Or serve it as taco salad.
- 1 package of lean ground beef
- 1 cup of green onions (optional)
- 1 cup of fresh kale (washed and dried)
- 1 cup of lima beans
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1/2 pack of Korr’s taco seasoning
- 1 tsp of minced ginger
- 1 tsp of minced garlic or garlic seasoning (I use Club House Garlic Mix)
- Seasoning: salt, black pepper and red chili flakes – just a pinch of each, a few drops of olive oil
- You’ll need a good sized skillet for this dish. Turn your stove-top onto medium-heat.
- Add a few drops of olive oil into the skillet and heat for about a minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook on medium-high heat. Add in taco seasoning mix and spices.
- Cook until meat is totally brown (no red showing).
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and season as desired.
- Cook an additional 10-15 minutes, make sure to mix well.
- Optional: you can drain the oil from the beef but I usually leave this in. It’s tasty.
This recipe made enough for four large tacos and there was enough for some left overs today. You could easily double it or just make smaller tacos. I hadn’t eaten all day so I was pretty hungry by the time this was done cooking. I have to say, it was one of the most delicious beef dishes I’ve ever made and I think it was all in the minced ginger. You can add some shredded cheese and sour cream to top it off.
Serve it as a taco or on its own. I guess you could pair this with a bowl of soup or salad. But honestly, it was so good just with soft tortilla shells and cheese.
I nearly burned my condo again!
So, don’t be stupid like I was. I turned on the wrong burner and walked away. Not realizing that there was something on the burner. It started smoking. Lol. Oops. That’s twice this month that I’ve tried to burn my condo down.
Anyone else having trouble with the block editor? This is so beyond frustrating. I think I’m switching back to the original editor. It won’t let me edit boxes – just deletes them!
I also need to invest in a camera arm and light for my kitchen for better photos. Guess I’m hitting Amazon today.
Survey Time: would you be interested in buying a cookbook with my recipes?
Would you like to see these recipes in a cook book? Would you purchase an ebook full of my recipes? Let me know in the comments if you would. I could make a series of them. Cooking is a passion and I’m happy to share my original recipes designed for single living!
Please help keep Mostly Single ad-free by using PayPal to donate. Renewal fees are coming up in April!