A lot of people are asking me what I eat in a single day to lose weight. Well, now that I’m back on track with cooking and eating healthy – let me tell you. Here is what I’ll be doing for the next two weeks.
Breakfast happens between 7:00 am and 10:00 am depending on the day. I’m getting better at starting my days early from Saturday-Monday. These are my cooking days where I can spend a bit more time in the kitchen. On the weekends, I’ll take the time and make things like omelettes, scrambled eggs, or a large smoothie with fresh fruit. One of my favorite things to do that reminds me of my mum is to dip toast into a soft boiled egg.
- 1-2 cups of fresh fruit
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 cups of Special K cereal with probiotic yogurt & berries
- 1 hard-boiled egg and 1 piece of fruit
- 1 piece of toast with peanut butter & 1 piece of fruit
Lunch will vary from day to day depending on what I ate the previous night and whether I remember to bring my lunch to work or not. These are a few ideas I have for the next two weeks. Lunch is where I struggle the most and run out of good ideas.
- Spring salad with dried cranberries, mandarin oranges and pumpkin seeds (2 cups).
- Tomato and cucumber salad with vinaigrette dressing
- A mix of bell peppers, feta cheese and tomato salad
- Chicken, avocado and egg salad with a touch of mayo
- Fresh fruit, rice crackers and cheese make a nice side dish or snack. Same with yogurt or low fat pudding.
This week, I’ve already made two large pots of stir-fry. I have a ton of vegetables left over and if weather cooperates, I may turn them into a casserole or soup tomorrow. That’s the problem with cooking for one. There is always a ton of leftovers. No matter how much you cook. I might have to batch cook and freeze some meals this week. I may have overdone it on the groceries this week.
- Monday night: veggie stir fry with pork and mushroom dumplings
- Tuesday night: veggie stir fry with marinated beef strips and jasmine rice
- Wednesday night: left over stir fry with beef stripes and jasmine rice
- Thursday night: a vegetable casserole with cheese and wheat tortilla chips
- Friday night: cooked shrimp, steamed vegetables and rice
- Saturday night: take the night off cooking – have some left overs or treat myself to a flatbread spinach pizza
Next week? I guess I’ll have to wait and see what kind of leftovers I have!
View this post on Instagram
The key to a great stir fry. It is all in the cooking oils and spices. Minced ginger and Tao VH1 sauce with green onions…. makes the flavour pop here. Easy to make. Delicious. Packed with taste. #cooking #asianfood #asiancooking #foodporn #dinner #kitchen #foodie #healthyfood #healthyliving #health #fitness #cuisine
- Fresh avocado with salt and pepper
- A mix of fresh fruit including oranges, strawberries, bananas, blueberries and raspberries
- A cup of yogurt with some berries
- A homemade smoothie for when I’m not very hungry but need a boost
- Rice crackers and cheese
- A piece of whole wheat or flax seed bread with peanut butter
- Hard-boiled eggs
- A cup of low-fat pudding (60-90 calories each)